My first ladies’ driven shoot day has just been. After a fantastic day in the field with seven other lovely ladies, we ended up with a mixed bag of 91. We each took a brace or two home and I already knew what I was going to make, pheasant satay skewers – one of my favourite dinners!
Ingredients for your pheasant satay skewers:
- 6 pheasant breasts, cut into long strips
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 fresh chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 30ml oil
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 30g unsalted cashew nuts, chopped
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- 4 skewers
Fry the garlic and chilli in the oil for 2-3 minutes, set aside.
Once it has cooled, add to a bowl with the sugar, coconut milk and peanut butter. Add the pheasant strips and mix well, cover and leave to marinate. I did mine for 3 hours, overnight would be perfect!
Add the pheasant strips to skewers and Grill on a medium heat for 8 minutes on each side until cooked through.
Sprinkle with chopped nuts and parsley. Enjoy!